* Kolkata the Capital of West Bengal is situated on the bank of the river- Hooghly.
* The Nizamat Imambara built in 1847 AD one of India’s largest Imambara located at- Pandua in Malda District.
* Battle of Plassey was fought in the year of- 1757.
* Gautam Buddha was born in- Kapilavastu, Nepal.
* The capital of Pallava situated at- Kanchipuram.
* The third largest city in India- Kolkata(West Bengal).
*Chattagram warehouse of former Bengal was captured in the year of- 18th April 1930.
* Sandakafu is the tallest peak of West Bengal is situated in the state of India- West Bengal.
Indian Museum a heritage site of India is located in the state of – West Bengal.
* Two names of Hindu King of Bengal during the Mughal Period- Raja Pratapaditya and Raja Sitaram Roy.
* The name of last Independent Nawab of Bengal who was defeated by British India- Mir Qasim.
* The name of Bengal first Independent King who reigned in early 7th Century- Shashanka.
* The Adina mosque was built during the reign of the sultan of Bengal Sultanate- Sikandar Shah of Ilyas.
* The year 1857 is famous in West Bengal history- In Indian history, the battle of independence was first fought in the state of West Bengal in this year.
* The father of Indian Renaissance is- Raja Rammohan Roy.
* The Calcutta University was established- 24th Jan year 1857.
* The first battle of Panipat was fought in the year of – 1528.
* The main founder of the Pala Dynasty- Gopala.
* The name of Bengali Person who founded ” Brahma Samaj” in the year 1828- Raja Rammohan Roy.
* First Bengali newspaper ‘SamacharDarpan was first published in the year – 1818.
* The founder of Gadar Party- Lala Hardayal.
* Dynasty Harsha to cevardhana belongs to- Pushyabhuti.
* The Permanent Settlement system was introduced in Bengal in the year- 1793.
* The height of the Martyer’s Monument in West Bengal- 52 Meter.
* The first woman of India to climb Everest- Bachendri Paul.
* The first Indian Woman to go to space- Kalpana Chawla.
* The literacy rate in West Bengal – 77.08%
* The rank of West Bengal in term of literacy rate in India- According to census 2011 West Bengal ranks 13th amongst all states and union territories of India in terms of literacy rate.
* The district of West Bengal ranks first on literacy rate- Purba Medinipur.
*The district ranks 2nd on literacy rate in west Bengal- Kolkata(87.14%).
* The district ranking third in term of literacy rate in West Bengal- North 24 Paraganas.
* The symbol of West Bengal state flower- Night lowering Jasmine.
* The Symbol of West Bengal state animal- Fishing cat.
* The name of West Bengal state bird- White throat Kingfisher.
* The symbol of West Bengal state tree- Devil Tree.
* The present chief justice of India- T.S Thakur.
Download this as a PDF- Click here
west bengal gk,west bengal,west bengal general knowledge,general knowledgewbpsc apo answer key,general knowledge in bengali,west bengal census question,general knowledge,(bengali) wbcs bengal geography all questions part 1,interesting facts about state of west bengal,west bengal gk in bengali,indian geography,bengali general knowledge book,west bengal largest district,gk questions & answers
Was this helpful?
0 / 0